Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm Rollin'!

So, I told you I'd explain about the local shop lacing my front wheel...
I'm all for supporting local businesses, but it seems for me that I always have to go elsewhere to get good service.
I gave a hub, complete set of spokes and a rim to a local shop (who will remain nameless) just to put back together. After a week, he still couldn't figure it out so I went and picked it up. Only to see all the scratches he put in my freshly painted black rim. I was mad.
So, I boxed up and sent the parts off to Buchanan's again. They charged twice what the local place charged, but at least they did it. I have to say, I'd rather have my body riding on some quality wheel-smithing rather than something a shoddy local shop put together... or didn't. It was a blessing in disguise.
Anyway, the drama is over, and now we have...




Yep, mounted to the table, exactly the wheelbase I want ready to have some frame tubes connected.
Actually the next step is to build/weld an engine cradle that will hold the engine in the correct position, bolt that to the table, then really start bending/connecting frame tubes.

I just got 3 welding tips, so that journey begins now. I'm finally finished with goal #2. Goal #3 is the welding and I'm really excited!

How 'bout 1 more...




More updates to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment