Sunday, February 6, 2011

"I get by with a little help from my friends"

When we moved to Arden, NC our neighbor 2 houses away was Ken. He is a saxophone repair/refurbish man. He has since moved about a mile away, but we still stay in contact with each other. Ken is an interesting guy... He is a genius metal-worker, Mercedes Benz nut, and seems to know a lot about pretty much everything. All this is the makings of a great neighbor. He has every tool known to man, and if he notices you working on something, he'll bring a handful of his tools (along with shop rags) to see if he can help. The awesome thing is that all his tools say the same thing... "Snap-On." To the average person this is no big deal. To any mechanic, this is a huge deal.

So right before Ken moved away, the Snap-On guy delivered a nice, big, shiny, red thing to his house. Turned out to be a big media blast cabinet!

The bike I'm building started off as a 1981 Suzuki GN400. So far, the rest of the parts I'm using are from a 1990 YZ250. This means that the newest parts are STILL 21 years old.

Man. If I only knew somebody with a media blast cabinet...

Ladies and Gentlemen...
I present to you...

Brake rotors.

I don't have the "before" pictures of these, but lets just say that they weren't silver.

Thanks Ken!

No comments:

Post a Comment