Sunday, January 30, 2011

The start of something BIG

The realization of many years of thinking/dreaming/designing was realized on February 10th, 2010. This was the night that my friend Dave and I headed down the mountain to pick up a motorcycle. This wasn't just any motorcycle, this beauty was purchased for the sole purpose of being morphed into something that had been bouncing around in my brain for a long time.

I have a little background in suspension tuning, and in the mid 90's I operated Profile Motorsports Services. A small motorcycle roadrace suspension and chassis business. I loved building the bikes and put my heart and soul into each one. Fast forward now to the year 2010, and I'm about to embark on my biggest challenge yet...

I will design, engineer, and fabricate a custom motorcycle from the ground up.

Sounds easy right? I mean if Paul Jr. and Senior can do it, then certainly I can too. Those guys aren't rocket scientists (no disrespect guys...) but I've seen some incredible bikes made by some pretty average folks.

So the journey begins. I have a small assortment of tools, but it's growing all the time. I'm a mechanical person, so I understand machines, and MOST of all, I have a passion and a desire to see this project to completion. I WILL do it.

I do have a day job, and it consists of sitting in front of a computer for most of the day. This means that I will probably not be one of those people who is constantly updating their blog page. I promise to do my best though. Hopefully this will be a great thing for me to look back on and see all my progress, and maybe it'll even inspire someone else to just go for it. You never know what you're capable of unless you try. That's what I'm doing anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment